Sands Bereavement Care Training Workshops – open to all professionals
Our consistently well-evaluated one-day workshop for multidisciplinary groups has been awarded professional accreditation from the Royal College of Midwives, and allows participants to develop their knowledge, insight and skills to be able to provide high quality, sensitive care to parents who experience the death of a baby, before, during or shortly after birth. It is highly interactive and skills-based, enabling professionals to develop their confidence in providing high quality, sensitive care to bereaved parents.
‘All useful and well presented – thank you. Good mix of information sharing and activity’ Course participant, Tunbridge Wells Hospital, January 2015
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for all professionals who provide care for parents who experience the death of a baby including student midwives, midwives, obstetricians, neonatal staff, gynaecology staff, sonographers, GP’s, health visitors and chaplains.
Each workshop has a maximum capacity of 20 participants.
Lunch and refreshments are provided on the day.
These courses have limited availability and book quickly on a first come, first served basis. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Upcoming workshops – when and where they are:
- 30 August 2017, Dunsilly Hotel, Antrim. Book your place here.
- 4 September 2017, The Studio, Birmingham. Book your place here.
- 7 November 2017, Victoria Charity Centre, London. Book your place here.
- 3 October 2017, Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel, Southampton. Book your place here.
- 6 February 2018, Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, Bristol. Book your place here.
To attend a Sands multidisciplinary one-day workshop the booking fee is £85 for qualified professionals, £65 for student midwives and £100 for Doctors and Consultants.